Here are some of our tips for incorporating walking into your daily life:
- Park the car farther away from your destination
- When shopping, take a couple of extra trips around the store
- If you take public transportation, get off a couple stops early
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
- Keep a pair of comfortable walking or running shoes in your car and office. You'll be ready for activity wherever you go.
- At work, use a restroom that is further away or on a different floor instead of the one that is closest to you.
- At work, hold walking meetings whenever possible. Do laps inside your building or, if the weather cooperates, take your walking meetings outdoors.